One of the best Valentine’s Day gifts is a ride in a limo. However, not all limousine companies are created equal. Some have better service, while some have better cars and there are others that have both. So make your plans early to make sure you and your honey have a memorable Valentine’s Day that is free of problems. Here are some tips to help you out:
- Set a budget and do not deviate from it. Depending on the company that you use, the vehicle, and the length of the ride, the dollar amount of the rental is going to vary.
- Find a limo company that has a vehicle that is appropriate for a date on Valentine’s Day. You don’t want something that looks like it belongs in a funeral procession.
- Plan on how many hours you will need the limousine for. Companies usually charge by the hour for their services.
- Make sure the rental company can provide you with proof of insurance.
- Make sure you receive a booking confirmation. This proves that you have been guaranteed use of the vehicle and that you will receive the one that you requested.
- Make sure the vehicle is a real limo and not a bus or a van that ends up being shared with other people. This could make for a very awkward experience.
- Research the company’s cancellation policy. Companies differ from one another on the amount of the refund that they will allow, as well as how far in advance a cancellation has to be made.
- Confirm you reservation two days ahead of time so you can confirm your reservation. This can save you from some major headaches on what is supposed to be a special night.
- Pay close attention to how you are treated on the telephone because how you are treated there is a good idea of how you will be treated by the company when you utilize their services.
In addition to your limo rental, have some champagne and try to negotiate with the rental company to make it a part of the package. Many limousines are outfitted with wet bars, so that shouldn’t be a problem. You also want to make sure you book as far in advance as possible so that you can guarantee availability because Valentine’s Day is a very busy time for limousine rental companies.